A sorority woman's life here at Furman is more than just Greek life; you can find a Kappa sister in almost every group on campus! We are a very diverse and involved chapter with a wide variety of interests. We thrive upon our varied lives outside Kappa and encourage involvement in other activities as well. Here are some of the groups with which Kappas are involved:
- Academic societies and honoraries such as Furman Fellows, Mock Trial, Alpha Epsilon Delta, Sigma Delta Pi, Omicron Delta Kappa, Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, and the Richard W. Riley Institute Advance Team.
- Political organizations such as College Democrats, College Republicans, and Turning Point USA.
- Housing positions such as Resident Life Council (RLC), RAs, and Freshmen Advisors (FRADs).
- Varsity, club, and intramural sports such as cheerleading, club soccer, club volleyball, Sports Medicine and Staff, and the Furman University Equestrian Team (FUET).
- Musical organizations such as the Furman Singers, Dintination, Furman Symphony Orchestra, Furman Flute Studio, Pauper Players, Sigma Alpha Iota (SAI, the women's music fraternity),and the Paladin Regiment marching band.
- Clubs such as the Environmental Action Group, Feminist Initiative, DREAM, I Am That Girl, and the Furman University Outdoors Club (FUOC).
- Service organizations such as the co-ed service fraternity Alpha Phi Omega (APO), Habitat for Humanity, Furman's Take Back The Night, Heller Service Corps, International Justice Mission, and Relay for Life.
- University organizations such as the Admissions Ambassadors, TEDxFurman, Furman Panhellenic Executive Council and Delegates, Student Government Association (SGA), Cochran Center for Vocation, PHOKUS, Student Alumni Council (SAC), Furman University International Students Association (FUISA), and Furman University American Sign Language Association (FUSLA).
- Religious organizations such as Baptist Collegiate Ministry (BCM), DELIGHT Ministries, Jewish Students Association, Catholic Campus Ministry (CCM), Reformed University Fellowship (RUF), Wesley Fellowship, and Young Life.
- Publications and media such as Bonhomie (Furman's yearbook), The Echo - Furman's Literary and Visual Arts Magazine, and The Paladin (Furman's newspaper).